Thursday, July 24, 2008

Marked

When I was in high school (and even in college), it was also easy to identify who was studious (I chose this word carefully) and who wasn't by simply looking at their hands. Studious people usually had the tell-tale callus on one of their fingers whereas non-studious people had normal (if model-worthy) hands.

Recently, I noticed that my lack of pencil/pen use had resulted in my callus all but disappearing. This didn't really bother me. However, in its place, I now am developing a pair of mini-calluses on my thumbs - from my laptop trackpad. I'm not sure which is worse.

And apparently (though I didn't realize it), I must sit at a slight angle in front of my computer as well, because my left elbow hurts while my right arm is completely fine. Not my wrist or my hand, my elbow. I know - weird (but painful).

In any case, I'm hoping to finish this proposal I'm working on tomorrow, and then I'll take a break from typing. It really seems like that is all I do.

Maybe I'll optimize my new desk chair. It is "fully adjustable". It even came with a manual.

No comments: